Baton Rouge User Groups and SQL Saturday Code of Conduct
In short, be kind. Behave professionally.
- Baton Rouge User Groups events SQL Saturday Baton Rouge is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. Do not insult or put down other attendees or speakers.
- We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. This policy applies to speakers, volunteers, sponsor and vendor personnel, and attendees
- Remember that sexist, racist, ageist, religious, and other exclusionary jokes can be offensive to those around you and are inappropriate for User Group or SQL Saturday events. Excessive swearing and offensive jokes are not appropriate for User Group or SQL Saturday events.
- Prohibited conduct includes any abusive conduct that has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with another person’s ability to enjoy and participate in the conference, including social events related to the conference. Prohibited activity can include repeated and/or disruptive questions, heckling, loud joking, side conversations or talking while the session speaker is delivering their content.
- Learners of all ages are welcome, but children's behavior should be consistent with the rest of the audience and should not be a distraction to presenters. Children should not roam the room and if playing with electronic toys, should play silently.
- Garbage and used food containers should be disposed of properly. We are most critically judged by our host facilities on our cleanliness, please help keep the rooms clean, avoid spills, and do not stack garbage outside of garbage cans.
Attendees violating these rules may be asked to leave the conference at the sole discretion of the conference organizers.
Persons who are the targets of, or witnesses to, hostile or harassing conduct should contact event staff. You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to report violations of the Code of Conduct.
Reports of hostile or harassing conduct will be promptly addressed. Thank you for helping make this a welcoming, friendly event for all.
- Baton Rouge User Groups events are an alcohol free zone. We have zero tolerance for alcohol use. Social events related to the conference may have a different policy.
- Smoking is NOT allowed inside or near any event buildings.