The Baton Rouge SQL Server User Group (BRSSUG.org) is a free, no-registration required user group for professionals and students in the broad field of Microsoft SQL Server. The group aims provide a platform for growing your skillset in Information Technology and your professional network, and work closely with local and regional partners to make our monthly meetings interesting and informative. Meetings are held monthly in conjunction with the Baton Rouge .net User Group (BRDNUG.org), the Baton Rouge IT Pro User Group (BRITUG.org) and Baton Rouge SharePoint User Group (BRSPUG.com) at the Louisiana Tech Park (LATECHPARK.com).
We meet every second Wednesday of the month on a wide range of topics from Business Intelligence, Disaster Recovery, SQL Server performance and monitoring, and SQL server development.
The goal is to help the Baton Rouge area SQL community become more involved, educated, and capable technology professionals. To join our mailing list, please click here.
If you have any questions about the group please drop us a line. If you're interested in speaking we're especially interested to hear from you. Please contact us at email@example.com.
Baton Rouge User Groups not-for-profit corporation
We incorporated as a Louisiana not-for-profit corporation (501c6) under the name Baton Rouge User Groups with the goal of supporting all user groups and user group events with financial logistics. Baton Rouge User Groups has supported the SQL and .NET user groups as well as Baton Rouge SQLSaturday and SharePoint Saturday events in the past. Our EIN and a W-9 is available upon request.
BRSSUG is an official chapter of the Professional Association for SQL Server. This is a world-wide SQL Server Users Group. PASS holds a conference each year, and also organizes the global SQL Saturday conference concept.
The Baton Rouge SQL Saturday hosts a SQL Saturday conference each year in Baton Rouge on the campus of LSU. For more information on speaking, volunteering or attending, please visit sqlsaturday.com.
Baton Rouge .NET User Group
Our partner group in Baton Rouge, BRDNUG meets on the same nights as the BRSSUG. We share announcements, food and drink and sometimes an introductory speaker for 5-15 minutes before splitting into separate rooms for our own topics.
Board of Director Duties
• Scheduling, Event Planning
• Officer communication and commitment follow-up
• Social Media communication
• Website updates, images, photography and announcements
• Mailing Lists spamming
• Monthly Food order
• Swag/prize receiver and collector
• Purchaser/Accounts Payable
• Book requests from publishers
• Applications for freebees, sponsorships, giveaways, partnerships
• Work with regional UG's to arrange speaking tours (BTR, LAF, NOLA) with President
• Organize training sessions, certification prep study, mentoring/skill coaches
• Help build and encourage new technical presenters
• Speaker recruitment and centralized scheduling
• UG sponsor recruitment and centralized scheduling
• Act as master of ceremonies for UG meetings